Thursday 25 August 2016

My Thoughts : Be Better ❤❀

You know how sometimes in life, we try to always find the better in ourselves. Be it, do a little better in school, dress a little better or interact with others better. I guess, as a person, as a living being who is able to think  for ourselves, within ourselves internally and beyond ourselves spiritually, there is always room for a sense of improvement and continuous growth. (Nothing is wrong with that.)
Yet sometimes we get stuck in a void where we think we can't get better and other times we get pushed in this place, by people always telling us we aren't good enough as who we are, most of the times though it's just the voice inside our head. I believe sometimes we misconstrue what it truly means to be better. I was always looking for something more and a way to be better. Then recently I started thinking what is this "better" I judge myself by. Is it what other people have that I don't or who they have that I don't? Is it the skills or looks that other's possess that I lack? What is my "better", that as a living being I'm instinctively programmed to keep seeking, like a mouse in a maze trying to find the cheese at the end but can't find it?

>>> Who Moved My Cheese?

That's a book you know that I read when I was about 14 and there's the quote, "See what you're doing wrong, laugh at it, change and do better."
The pressure is real to figure out the elusive better. <<<

I think we confuse being better by meeting the standards that are set extrinsically. It becomes a competition to outdo others instead of improve ourselves. Yes, it's an impressive goal to want to be a better person but when you start to confuse that with being better THAN another person or be better FOR another person is where the lines begin to get blurred.




1 comment:

  1. This is very deep and profound. Very true...some very mature people have not cracked the code on this philosophy on life as yet, so you are mature beyond your years...or rather maturity has little to do with age, but instead mentality and mental conditioning.

    ReplyDelete